Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom Woods Tom Woods is offline

Default How heavy is a wooden shed?

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:31:02 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:
I have two 8 x 6 foot sheds complete with wooden floors, holding
bicyles and garden furniture etc. I have moved them now several times
complete with contents single handed! OK they are on a firm concrete
area which makes it easier. All I do is use a garden shovel to lift up
one corner, and slide short lengths of scaffold pole under, then roll
to where I need it. You need three poles. Put the shed on two - roll
it and as one pole emerges replace with the third. (My sheds block my
side entry hence relatively regular shifting!)

have you not thought about putting them on castors?

I might try rolling it. currently on brick stacks over soil (I think),
but i might lay some slabs in its new location to make life easier.