Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default How heavy is a wooden shed?

"Simon Stroud" wrote in message

"Tom Woods" wrote in message
I want to move the old shed in my garden.

It is a 8x6 wooden apex job.

Assuming i remove all the crap from inside it first, roughly how

heavy
is it going to be?
If I get a few mates round could 4 of us lift it 10 ft or so by

hand?

Whatever previous owner put it in the garden located it really far
away from the wall, leaving me a large dead area behind it which i
want to eliminate.

Don't forget that a SMALL dead area behind is very useful for future

access
to the thing, for example painting it, replacing roof felt, etc.

etc. I
wouldn't put it RIGHT up against the wall!

Good luck.

Simon.

I have two 8 x 6 foot sheds complete with wooden floors, holding
bicyles and garden furniture etc. I have moved them now several times
complete with contents single handed! OK they are on a firm concrete
area which makes it easier. All I do is use a garden shovel to lift up
one corner, and slide short lengths of scaffold pole under, then roll
to where I need it. You need three poles. Put the shed on two - roll
it and as one pole emerges replace with the third. (My sheds block my
side entry hence relatively regular shifting!)

AWEM