Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Corded Drill Recommendations

Yes, Kreg states this. In this case, as is the case with most cutting of
soft material. speed is not at all critical. I believe that they recommend a
higher speed as most people have difficulty controlling their feedrate. For
the same feedrate, higher speed reduces chip load resulting in a smoother
cut. You can do the same at a slower speed by reducing feed rate (as you
have apparently realized).

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
It has a high enough speed to work well with my
Kreg pocket hole bit, which requires 2000 rpm; none of my cordless
drills come close.

I'm curious about this requirement - I've never used my Kreg pocket
hole bit at full speed, and it's seemed to work fine. In fact, if I
had to guess, I'd say it works better at slower speeds, and with a
brief pullout to clear chips.
Is this in the Kreg literature?
Andy