Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default How heavy is a wooden shed?

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 23:14:15 +0000, Tom Woods
wrote:

I want to move the old shed in my garden.

It is a 8x6 wooden apex job.

Assuming i remove all the crap from inside it first, roughly how heavy
is it going to be?

22 cwt 3 quarters 4 stones 3 lbs 4¾ oz 2½ grains. Approximately.

seriously Does it have a base? What sort of construction is it?
(featherboard, T&G,?) What's the roof ? (T+G, chipboard, OSB,
plywood?). Any windows? (glass can be quite heavy)

If I get a few mates round could 4 of us lift it 10 ft or so by hand?

That depends on the alcohol content of the mates...

);-

--
Frank Erskine