Posted to alt.home.repair
steve steve is offline

Default installing kitchen cabinets

Hi DAC,
There were no manufactureres screws supplied. I just bought my own. Can you
get the grkfasteners at home depot?
Not sure what you mean:
you could also put a spacer (to
compensate for the overhang of the face frame) between the backs of
the cabinets then fasten'em together to hold the back from moving from
side to side.

i bought the kitchen through home depot. They got one cabinet mixed up. I
wasn't impressed although they are nice looking cabinets
thanks'
Steve

"DAC" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 8, 9:11 am, "steve" sjwNOSPAMatripnet.com wrote:
Hello all,
i am in the process of installing kitchen cabinets. I have everything
measured and have located all wall studs. I have a cabinet that is 12" W
30" H. Unfortunately it falls in between 2 studs.
What types of anchors should i use when attaching it to the wall. Also,
there are cabinets on both sides of it. What size/type screws should i
use
to attach the cabinet to the cabinets beside it, that will be anchored
into
studs? I am using 14 x 2" screws to attach the cabinets to the studs.
regards
Steve

All though not ideal by any means, you certianly could attach this
small cabinet to it's neighbor...it won't go anywhere if the others
are securely fastened to the wall. you could also put a spacer (to
compensate for the overhang of the face frame) between the backs of
the cabinets then fasten'em together to hold the back from moving from
side to side.

I'm going to guess that you're using the washer headed screws supplied
by the MFG? If you are...I'd toss them in a heart beat and use the
GRK cabinet screws http://www.grkfasteners.com/en/
CAB_1_information.htm. The torx heads are awesome...especially in
tight situations. In additon, GRK has trim head screws http://
www.grkfasteners.com/en/TRIM_0_information.htm that work very well to
attach the cabinet face frames to each other.

DAC