Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Stephen Cowell Stephen Cowell is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

"MassiveProng" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 06:33:44 GMT, "Stephen Cowell"
Gave us:

And why "**** up
a perfectly good antique " by ripping the heart and soul out of
it to replace each key contact set (14, is it) with SCRs... let's see,
14x61x2 (great and swell)... 1708 SCRs. Ludicrous.

You obviously have no clue as to the form factors available.

I don't care if you put 300 of them in a package,
you still have to connect them. Still doesn't change
the requirement for 1700 some-odd devices.

Also, if you are having your "Cadmium fingers", the ****ing thing
doesn't function properly to begin with.

Actually, the circuit is so low impedance that it
*will* function with some shorting going on...
we installed the TrekII percussion kit (I'm *sure*
you're familiar with it) and it wouldn't trigger on
the top harmonic... we had to use the next one
down. That's when I found out about the fingers...
you can zap 'em with a charged up capacitor
if you want, we like the sound of having the top
harmonic there with perc. so we didn't bother.

Simply switching to platinum contacts would solve it without the
switch to a low voltage design.

Einstein, it's not the contacts that are cadmium... the
leaves are cadmium plate. The contacts are self-cleaning,
as all contacts are... but *you* knew that, right?

If these are antiques, what's a retard like you doing opening them up
anyway, dip****? You have all the capability of a freshly laid turd.

As we can see, the anal fixation is strong in this
one.
__
Steve
..