Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Truth

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 22:33:59 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

.... snip
I absolutely have the greatest respect for our troops, those that have lost
their lives, and my heart goes out to the friends and relatives of all the
troops.
3100 is a big number and most of our fallen troops went way too soon. But
to put 3100 deaths into perspective, that number is less that the number of
people that lost their lives when the twin towers were hit. That number is
about 1/4 of the number of American citizens that die every day here at
home.

Also interesting is the absence of any reporting of the number of jihadis
and terrorists who have been killed (removed from the ability to commit
more acts of terrorism). While I certainly don't advocate that this should
become a numbers game or scoring issue, the silence on successful
prosecution of this war is deafening.

Aside: Returning from a business trip today, upon the plane's landing, the
stewardess announced that 10 service members returning from Afghanistan
were on board. After the clapping died down, she requested that all other
passengers remain seated so these people could de-plane first in order to
let them re-unite with their families -- again a solid round of clapping
and support for those folks. Very moving.