Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:26:12 -0800, "Joel Kolstad"
Gave us:

"MassiveProng" wrote in message
.. .
BIG waste of money, and I am glad I work in a segment of the
industry that is exempt.

You really aren't. Sure, you might not be required to produce RoHs-compliant
products, but you'll find that already many parts are no longer available in
non-RoHs packages,

Not mil devices. They cost more, and mil device makers still make
'em!

requiring higher temperatures for soldering, and within a
few years here nothing will be available that isn't that way.

Not necessarily true. It will, however, make our mil devices even
more costly despite their COM being the same or even less.

It will also likely mean higher contract manufacturing costs as
well.

Conversion will cost them a lot, so retaining the old methodology
will get those costs passed to those that get the lesser used
technology.

Very sad.