Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default Solder sniffers beware,,, lead = bad

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:08:26 -0800, "Sofie" Gave us:

Dave Moo
Soldering takes place at much too low temperature for solder to vaporize and
fume.

Correct.

Most "lead" problems are a result of poor hygiene..... not washing
your hands after handling circuit board and solder and BEFORE you handle
food, pick your nose or your teeth or chew on your finger nails.

Utter bull****. Solder joint do not glean off lead molecules. None
one could gain any count of anyway.

Now spend a day forming semi-rigid SMA coax cables that are
unsheathed, and you will see some gray film on the fingers.

I spent the day in ARack, but I am no hero... :-]