Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Cabinet Doors

"Swingman" wrote in message

Snip

When used for doors, mdf is usually sealed with glue size, shellac,
spackling slurry, or somesuch; lightly sanded; then primed and painted
with
one or more coats.

I'll second the use of MDF. I have a 3 time customer that I have built/cut
out and hinged MDF cabinet doors for. Hs spray painted the doors himself
and was pleased enough to use MDF 2 more times when sold and moved in to
other houses.

I'll also second the prep advised above.

Consider also that MDF is heavy, this is no time to scrimp on the hinges. I
prefer the Euro style hinges that fit inside a hole on the back side of the
door and add much support to that union.