jim rozen

Default Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve.

In article , Don says...

Hey there, got an unusual question:

What a lot of suggestions. The best way to stop a car
gently (this is seen around race courses a lot) is
to install a buffer zone of deep gravel around the property,
where they run off. The kinetic energy of the car goes
into throwing the gravel around.

Another good idea seen in cases like this is to make
an earth embankment that will deflect their vehicle.
I've seen this done with the occasional, artistic,
one cubic foot rocks placed around the rock garden
to further frustrate the path of the runaway car.

But coarse gravel will slow them down, and an earth
embankment at least three feet high will deflect
them.

please reply to: