Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Tracing a sewer line

"aemeijers" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..
Steve, that was nasty.

Huh?

Dowsing is folklore.

Well, then don't use it. Go out and hire a guy and pay him whatever he
wants. The man asked for ideas. I gave him one. It was free, and
thoroughly worth the price. If he wants to try it, great. There is no
obligation to do anything I suggested.

As I said, I have used it, and it has worked for me countless times, and
left more than one person scratching their nuts and commenting,
"Golleeee." I'd bet a hundred dollar bill against a cold beer that I
could find the line.

Was I absent the day you were put in charge?

I'm trained in science, and know a hundred reasons why it can't work. But,
I grew up in construction, and have SEEN it work multiple times. I try not
to think about it- makes my head hurt.

aem sends...

I have seen it so many times. People who can't take in what they see,
confused so much by what they know.

I have heard it as "educated beyond capacity."

Drug companies went to jungles and asked old shamans what they used for
headaches, for diarrhea, for menstrual cramps, for sleeplessness.

The old ones took them to herbs and roots. When analyzed, they had some
ingredients that were helpful to the specific complaints. Kind of like
modern medicine poo poohing the ideas of acupuncture, acupressure, and
holistic medicines in favor of spendier brand name cures.

We are all hard wired. When we go against instincts, things we can see, and
instead go for things we have been indoctrinated in, there can only be
conflict.

I turn on the switch. The light comes on. Do I need to fully understand
the process?

Steve