Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default electrical plug wiring for garbage disposal and dishwasher

On Mar 6, 8:42 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Terry wrote:
I would think that they wouldn't even have a break link between the
neutral. I can't think of any situation where I would break the
neutral link.

Two separate circuits feeding the two halves of the receptacle.

Even if I were connecting two circuits to the outlet, I would never
think of breaking the neutral link.

Then you would wire it incorrectly -- and dangerously. What you describe is
safe *only* in the case of a properly configured multiwire branch circuit (aka
Edison circuit) and in _no other_ case.

I would think the code would prohibit the connecting of a duplex
receptacle to two different panels.

It doesn't.

--
Regards,