Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Tracing a sewer line

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:16:07 GMT, Grandpa wrote:

Trying to help out a neighbor here. He is the third or fourth owner
of this place down the road, so he has no idea how the pipes are
run. He has a shop that has a toilet that somehow connects to the
septic tank on the other side of the property about 100' away. We
know that the drain pipe leaves the shop going north, but the tank
inlet is NNW. We're looking for a cheap and relatively easy way to
trace the line so that he knows where he can dig without hitting the
pipe. We know the pipe is PVC. There are no permits or plot plans
required in this county for what was done from the shop
(non-occupied building).
Ideas?

Shove a long wire fish-tape down it, and connect it to
an RF emiter, and get a tuned receiver to wander around the yard with.