Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcolm Hoar Malcolm Hoar is offline

Default faucet/sink quality

In article .com, "DLK" wrote:

This is all very informative. I suppose one must look at the exact
model number when making these decisions to make valid comparisions,
rather than just the name of the model.

BTW: the Kohler website info was very helpful. Thanks!

On this theme... when I was shopping for a new sink, I
found that:

* Home Depot offered a *much* wider choice than Lowes.

* Home Depot had really good prices on a handful of Kohler
sinks. I do believe these were standard Kohler products
and not HD specials.

* Other Kohler models were relatively expensive at HD.

* Kohler have a really wide choice of geometries, sizes,
mountings etc. Hardly anyone else was offering exactly
what I wanted so going with Kohler was pretty much a
no-brainer for me.

I took a chance and ordered a Kohler from some discount
place on the opposite side of the country. It took
3-4 weeks before I received the thing but it arrived
in perfect condition. The shipping delay was not a
problem for me -- it still arrived well before scheduled
installation. But it could have been. At the end of the
day, I saved two or three hundred bucks on a high
quality sink that has worked out great!

The granite guys installed/mounted the sink but I
did all of the plumbing work and the disposal. With
some very careful planning that was a breeze. The
granite guys cleared out in the early evening and
the plumbing was finished before I went to bed.
Sink, faucet, disposal, dishwasher, air gap, soap
dispenser and the whole nine yards. Even cleaned
everything up. That was 6 months ago and no leaks
or problems yet ;-)

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |