Anthony

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

OSPAM (Gary Brady) wrote in
:

Would the life of a vehicle be shortened by using this method? By the
way the item I looked at was made by Mity-Vac and held 8.8 liters. You
use it with your air compressor.

This is routinely done on boats because you can't reach the drain
plug, and if you could, the oil would spill out into the bilge and,
eventually, into the lake. I've used the drill powered pump. You'd
have to pull the engine in my boat to get at the drain plug.
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Yes,
But I bet if you look at the pan on your boat, it is made with that in
mind. An automotive engine pan is made to clear the crossmember,
suspension parts, rack & pinion housing and other things, the placement
of the dipstick tube does not (in many cases), line up with the deepest
part of the pan. Might work fine on a 350 in a big chevy truck, but may
not be the same results with a 350 in a camaro.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email