Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Ketchum Frank Ketchum is offline

Default 400 amp service

"Zephyr" Someguy@an email address.com wrote in message

currently it looks like around $16,000 - $20,000 to get in though
the contractors are pushing a 8.5 year payback if the ratio of gas to
electric hold
less if gas gets more expensive vs electric.

Something does not sound right. At the low end up front cost of $16,000 an
8.5 year payback means you would have a savings of $1182 per year or $156
per month. Couple that with a maximum expected savings of "up to 50%" on
gas means that your gas bills now would have to average over $2300 per year
or over $300 per month to make the figures you were given add up. I just
don't see it but maybe I am missing something.

I had a good friend look into geothermal heat for his home but he decided
against it saying it would be too expensive.