Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default wiring question Knob and Tube

It's worth $2 a pound if you burn the insulation off of it. That's one
reason to remove it. So far, I've pulled about 50 lbs of copper out of the
two houses I'm doing right now.

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
ps.com...
I just bought a new (old) house and I have a couple of questions. Our
underqualified although state licensed (Wisconsin) inspector missed
some extremely obvious Knob and Tube wiring which turns out to be half
the house so I'm rewiring most of the house. The first question is:

Do I have to remove all of the dead knob and tube wiring?

The second question is:

I'm running armoured cable to the attic to replace the Knob and Tube
and the cable is running in an open cavity between two bedrooms. Do I
have to open the wall and secure this every four feet?

Thanks,
Gavin