Curtis Newton

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:10:50 GMT, (Rex B)
wrote:

On 2 Mar 2004 11:30:26 -0800,
(Don) wrote:

|I know that it is best to use the drain plug, but there are times I
|hate crawling on the floor or sometimes it rains or in the winter it
|is very cold.
|
|I saw at sears an air operated oil extractor that has a ridgid
|dipstick tube. It can also remove transmission fluid without taking
|off the pan.

Then I'd pull the drain plug and see how much is left.
Rex in Fort Worth

I recently did that in my Audi A4...I have the hand vacuum from
Griot's Garage. I used the dipstick tube to get the oil and out and
when I was done, I pulled the drain plug; a few drops came out of the
drain plug.

An article on the subject from Ray & Tom (via their website) suggests
that either method gets approximately 95% of the old oil out of the
pan.

YMMV.

-
--