Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default FS: Heavy Rolling Base for Table, Radial-Arm, Band Saw, Lathe, Drill Press - $45

Martin wrote:
BTW, I have two more similar bases that I will list next week, but I
can't easily get them out until these first four are removed from my
storage.

The other two are similar size, have casters and adjustable
stabilizers also, but the bases are much heavier. Each has an X-Y
table incorporated, with foot pedals for lock/release. The X-Y
platforms are each two 1" thick steel plates riding on Thomson SPB-16
linear bearings and shafting. So I guess each X- Y table has four
lengths of shafting and eight SPB-16 linear bearings.

One of them also has a rotary table under the X-Y table. It rides on
an enormous ball bearing, and has a lock.

I estimate that each of these other two bases weighs 350-400 lbs. I
had to buy a shop crane to lift them off the bed of my pickup, then
set them down and roll them into storage. It took two of us to lift
one edge up the required inch or so to get the wheels to step over the
entry ledge.

How much should I list these guys for?

You've got me, but you should definitely do some homework before you
list things with which you're unfamiliar. I saw a sticker on the base
in one picture, so you should _definitely_ put the manufacturer's name
and model number in the listing. Do a google. You'll probably crap
your pants when you see how much they'll want for such heavy mobile,
adjustable bases.

Craigslist is a pretty good place, but eBay is probably better. Guys
that deal in equipment will know exactly what they are, what they're
used for and will have arrangements with truck shippers, so the
distance isn't so critical - especially since you're almost willing to
give them away!