Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin Martin is offline

Default FS: Heavy Rolling Base for Table, Radial-Arm, Band Saw, Lathe, Drill Press - $45

BTW, I have two more similar bases that I will list next week, but I
can't easily get them out until these first four are removed from my
storage.

The other two are similar size, have casters and adjustable
stabilizers also, but the bases are much heavier. Each has an X-Y
table incorporated, with foot pedals for lock/release. The X-Y
platforms are each two 1" thick steel plates riding on Thomson SPB-16
linear bearings and shafting. So I guess each X- Y table has four
lengths of shafting and eight SPB-16 linear bearings.

One of them also has a rotary table under the X-Y table. It rides on
an enormous ball bearing, and has a lock.

I estimate that each of these other two bases weighs 350-400 lbs. I
had to buy a shop crane to lift them off the bed of my pickup, then
set them down and roll them into storage. It took two of us to lift
one edge up the required inch or so to get the wheels to step over the
entry ledge.

How much should I list these guys for?

thanks,

Martin

On Mar 5, 11:11 am, "Martin" wrote:
Please see photos and respond only to my Craigslist ad - it is linked
to my real email address. These items are in the Dallas, Texas area,
and cannot be economically shipped:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/tls/288734365.html

I have four of these. They are steel rolling bases with precision
Albion casters and four adjustable stabilizing/leveling feet. They
would be ideal for setting up a garage wood or metal shop with tools
that could be rolled out and stabilized for use, then rolled away for
storage.

The ball-bearing casters have grease fittings on both the wheels and
the swivels, and the wheels are replaceable.

The bases are were built for a commercial application where each would
hold well over 1000 lbs of equipment. The mounting surfaces are
precision-machined flat within 0.002", and mounting bolts are
included.

These bases are very heavy, and require two people to lift. They will
be many times more stable and vibration-free than the cheap "wheel
kits" normally sold for power tools.

I am selling these bases for less than the price of one caster wheel
from Grainger!

Thanks and regards,

Marty