Posted to alt.home.repair
Deke Deke is offline

Default wiring question Knob and Tube

On 5 Mar 2007 06:33:15 -0800, "
wrote:

On Mar 5, 9:30?am, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
Disconnecting old wiring is fine. It can be left in place. You don't need to
secure wiring fished inside of walls

wrote in message

ps.com...

I just bought a new (old) house and I have a couple of questions. ur
underqualified although state licensed (Wisconsin) )nspector missed
some extremely obvious Knob and Tube wiring which turns out to be half
the house so I'm rewiring most of the house. he first question is:

Do I have to remove all of the dead knob and tube wiring?

The second question is:

I'm running armoured cable to the attic to replace the Knob and Tube
and the cable is running in an open cavity between two bedrooms. o I
have to open the wall and secure this every four feet?

Thanks,
Gavin- Hide quoted text -

I would remove ALL the exposed knob and tube, even though its
disconnected. Makes selling your home easier in the future/

if you can see it remove it!

I agree. That stuff is scary for most of us.