Brian Lawson

Default Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve.

Hey Don,

Definitely check with the local road maintenance authority. Ask them
to do something about it so that you won't ever have to sue if one of
your children or grandchildren get killed now that they know about it.
Do not try to put up your own guard rail as they are installed with
some pretty strict design and guide lines. Doing it wrong and
resulting in an injury could see you sued, sadly. Same with making a
water-filled ditch. If a roll-over driver were to drown, you'd be in
hot water VBG.

You could try a big sign that says "NUDIST CAMP AHEAD - WATCH FOR
PEDESTRIANS ALONG SHOULDER OF CURVE". That was a recent suggestion
here on RCM a while back I think.

Or even a radar alert that sets off a rotating red bubble-gum light if
it detects a speed over the recommended signage. Make them think they
see a cop car ahead, but that might be expensive.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On 2 Mar 2004 06:16:33 -0800, (Don) wrote:

Hey there, got an unusual question:

I live out in the country and part of my front yard is on a curve.
Constantly when it is wet outside, cars go too fast around it despite
signs being posted and end up sliding in my front yard. There is a
small ditch along the road that they go through and into my front
yard. Yesterday, someone even took out a bush I had planted at the end
of my driveway.

ANy bright ideas on what I could do? I thought about taking a tiller
and making the ditch deeper where it would be harder for cars to go
through. I even though of welding together some sort of guardrail to
but on my side of the ditch.

Any help woould be greatly appreciated!