Bob Swinney

Default Changing oil through dipstick tube

Lane sez: "and what about
the oil in the oil filter and oil filter itself?"

Naw, you'd still have to change the filter. There used to be "quick change"
places that used the dip-stick method.

Bob Swinney

"Lane" lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message
I know that it is best to use the drain plug, but there are times I
hate crawling on the floor or sometimes it rains or in the winter it
is very cold.

I saw at sears an air operated oil extractor that has a ridgid
dipstick tube. It can also remove transmission fluid without taking
off the pan.

Would the life of a vehicle be shortened by using this method? By the
way the item I looked at was made by Mity-Vac and held 8.8 liters. You
use it with your air compressor.

I can't imagine getting all of the oil out using this method, Isn't the

investment in
your vehicle worth doing it right?

Transmission fluid? Same as above.

Lane