Posted to alt.home.repair
PE PE is offline

Default Solder vs. epoxy for copper pipes?

Actually, Gerry, I'm both stupid AND lazy but, even so, I've managed to
become reasonably adept with flux, solder and torch. However I don't enjoy
doing it in confined spaces and was just wondering if there might be an
alternative that's worthy of consideration, although the consensus seems to
be to the contrary. Thanks for your insightful observations; they were
greatly appreciated, as was the glowing compliment!

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:05:11 -0800, "PE" wrote:

Hi all: I recently noticed that Home Depot is selling a copper bonding
expoxy product in the plumbing dept. that's billed as being as good as
solder. Seems like it might be a useful alternative to use on joints in
tight, enclosed areas where heating the parts with an open flame is
difficult/dangerous. Would appreciate any informed opinions regarding
whether or not the product referenced above might be an acceptable
substitute for solder in the circumstances mentioned. Thanks for your