Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Electrical service panel door mismatch...how to fix?

My mistake, I meant Shane

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
The bottom line is that if you have to appease an electrical inspector,
patching up a C-H panel cover on an ITE panel, probably won't fly, as NEC
is pretty clear about equipment having to be used according to
manufacturers directions. Look in the box and get the model number for
Terry. He seems to have what you need. There weren't that many variations
of these panels and I can't tell you how many I've trashed myself. With a
model number and a picture, someone if not Terry will be able to match one
up for you

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 4, 2:29 pm, Terry wrote:
On 4 Mar 2007 10:53:28 -0800, wrote:

Finally, here's a picture of the creature in question. I think the
name of the installer, as written on the door, is not quite
accurate... http://www.idcts.com/images/_newsgroup/P3040104.jpg

I'd be interested for sure in getting ahold of an actual replacement
cover if possible, but fabrication still sounds like a good option
too. I'm wanting to address the overt safety issue now, and maybe
upgrade the whole box to 200 amp service later down the road.

I guess am not savvy enough to handle this task on my own, as I don't
know what an Edison circuit is, or how to bond a jumper.

Cutler Hammer is still around. I don't have the slightest idea if you
can get a cover, but you could email this picture to them, and they
could tell you right away. If they can't get you a cover they might
be able to suggest a replacement part.

BTW having your panel exposed like it is will make an upgrade much
easier.

The installer was A. Genius. I thought that was a pretty good joke.
Did you do that?

Yeah, I know Cutler Hammer is still around, but their part is the
cover plate that is mismatched to the box, right?

I thought the "A. Genius" was a good laugh too...and no, I didn't
write it in...a prior owner must've autographed it.