Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dayran@theglobalnet.net is offline

Default How do I disconnect a light fixture

How do disconnect a light fixture on a wall (in my house)? I have
hard wired, wall switched, wall sconces that I want to take down (and
cover with a picture).

Shutting off the breaker and disconnecting the wires is obvious, but
what do I do with them? I want to leave the switches alone and
simply "tie-off" the power to the lights, leaving the wiring where it
is in the wall. But I don't want to leave a hot spot in the wall if
the switch gets left in the on position. How do I do this?