Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning,sci.engr.joining.welding
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Selecting Machines For A Home Shop

On Mar 3, 2:00 pm, Brian Henderson
wrote:
On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 01:57:09 GMT, Lobby Dosser

wrote:
Brian Henderson wrote:
Then I'm not typical because the overwhelming majority of my buys have
been brand new. Then again, just about every serious woodworker I
know also bought primarily new. The cost of a pretty decent shop is
going to be in the neighborhood of $10K, if you can find a house for
that much, buy it.

Does that include the forklift?

I have yet to ever find myself needing a forklift of any size and only
once or twice thought a pallet jack might be sort of useful. Where
are you going to park the forklift when you're not using it anyhow?
Isn't that just wasted space that you could have more tools or
storage?

Access to a forklift and pallet jack would be very nice. All of the
shipping of large woodworking tools come to the freight terminal in
your city unless you ask for curbside delivery with a liftgate truck.
And that costs a hundred or so more dollars. With a forklift and
pallet jack you would not have to pay this extra shipping fee.