Posted to rec.woodworking
DZIN DZIN is offline

Default AIR LINES

A tractor service shop in town uses 1" CPVC for all their air lines.
(the light tan stuff) They've used it for the last 18 years without
incident. Their system is at 150 PSI leaving the compressor. Air is
used for wrenches, tires, hammers, and etc. Parts of the system gets
some direct sunlight when the bay doors are open. There are large
skylights but they are corregated plexi and diffuse the light.
They completely drain the system each night and power it back up each
morning.
I found it much less of a hassle to hang two reels, one at each end of
my shop and connect them with air hoses. But then, I'm not working in
a six bay shop, either.
Gene

On Mar 3, 9:02 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"BT98" wrote in message

I checked out the pipe at Home Depot and the PSI ratings on this pipe
and it is almost double than what they are running on it. It looked
like the outside diameter was about 3 inch. This place is on the
corner of 700 and Shed road. That may be in Burton, Ohio.

But is that water or air rating? When water bursts, it just flows out and
does not have the explosive force of compressed air. Both OSHA forbids it
and the makers of the pipe recommend against using it for air.