Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Gas valve solenoids

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 09:32:37 +0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Cicero formulated on Saturday :
Is it worth replacing solenoids in a gas valve rather than replacing the
complete valve ? And if so who sells them? The manual describes how to
remove them but gives no further information.

Boiler is about 10 years old - Glow Worm Economy Plus.

I replaced our gas valves pilot solenoid coil a couple of years ago. I
managed to scrounge the part from another similar, but not the same, valve
model.

Thanks for both replies. It seems that this isn't a common practice
despite the high cost of gas valves.

Cic.

--
Testing UBUNTU Linux