Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Hot water heater circut breaker pops

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 04:45:08 GMT, "JohnA" u32227@uwe wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would take a moment and help here.

I have a 3 year old water heater (will get information on it on demand)

Problem is that it seems to pop the circut breaker at times, sometimes 1x a
day (or once every 3 days) and then it didnt pop the past week.

Resets easily. Except for today where it made a occasional pop noise from
the heater wall. Also dims the lights, when it pops, smf when it does pop
nothing else is off.

Any suggestions or do I need to buy a new one?

Thank you for your time.

John

imho:

You might have something that is beyond just a DIY fix. I was told by
an electrician, that a water heater breaker kept tripping, and the
home owner was mad. So he checked it out, the breaker was the right
size, but the wires were undersized, causing localized heatin at the
breakers terminal and tripping. Good thing the home owner said
something, that sounds like a potential fire problem.

In short, get a quick check by an electrician, the breakers might by
'old' or something.

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info