Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 12:44:53 GMT, aemeijers wrote:
My previous place had a gas range, and when I had a power outage in winter
that lasted long enough for the place to get cold, I'd use that for heat. I
never left it running more than 20 minutes an hour, though, and never while
I was asleep. That place was so leaky that I doubt CO buildup was a huge
problem.

I don't care if you used to burn your furniture in the middle of your kitchen
floor during outtages. It still doesn't make burning natural gas without a
chimney and without tight fuel mixture regulation a good idea. You're the kind
of person we read about in the morning papers who did something similarly
incredibly stupid using the fact that they it hadn't killed them yet as proof
that it was ok.

You really should take your life more seriously. Get a motel room if you're
without heat; visit friends or family with a fireplace. Invest in some good
sleeping bag.