Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Hot water heater circut breaker pops

If he has a popping sound at the tank, the circuit breaker would be the
least likely problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 4, 8:00?am, "JohnA via HomeKB.com" u32227@uwe wrote:
The circuit stayed fine thru the night, I ran some hot water and
cautiously
opened the 2 panels on it to see if I could examine anything out of place
and
(not knowing or touching anything) but it did make a pop/knock sound in
the
tank while looking at the tank.

I put the panels back and it brings a question to mind...
Why are there 2 thermostats on the tank?

Tank info: I do not see a year on it.
Raheem for manufactured homes, model 71-52d b,
wattage 240/208 upper and lower 4500/3380
50 gal and yes it has a double circuit switch.

John

Call rheem for production date

Most likely you have a baD BREAKER THEY ARE DESIGNED TO GET MORE
SENSITIVE AS THEY AGE.

I would begin by replacing breaker its a low cost repair