Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Electrical service panel door mismatch...how to fix?

Covers for pushmatic panels would probably be the easiest to fabricate. It's
just a flat sheet of steel with one or two large vertical rectangles in it,
depending upon how many breakers it holds, and one small rectangle for the
main, if it has one. They didn't use knock outs, the panel came with blanks
for dead spaces.

"mm" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 03:12:00 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
om...
the last thing you should have to do is replace the panel just because
you
don't have a cover. make one of good stiff poster board, then take it
your local metal fab shop and have them make one if you can't order one.

jeeeeeze.... replace the panel...... SIGH

--
Steve Barker

Replacing the panel will probably be cheaper than a "one off" of a panel
cover with the proper knockouts.

I assume the new one won't have knockouts.

I have a short memory, so I don't know if the cover has to be inset or
not from the level of the place where the cover screws on, to the
level of the breakers, but assuming it doesn't, it would be just a
sheet of metal with a number of holes for breakers and four little
holes for screwing it on. If he ever wants to add breakers, he'll
take off the cover and use tin snips or a sabre saw to cut a bigger
hole.

If the breaker level is different from the level of the place where
the cover screws on, I would go back to my other post and just patch
it with sheet metal. To the OP, PC-70 is a very good kind of epoxy
glue, but other glues might work well also.