Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default AIR LINES

I was in an Amish home and it was explained that they won't use
electricity
from the power company but they had refrigerators and freezers supplied by
gasoline generators.

B.

And the gas they put *into* those generators?

Oh, I get it, the power company uses technology to produce electricity and
that's bad, but the gas was made by dinosaurs, so that's ok. Wait, made
*from* dinosaurs. Hmmm. What if the power company's electricity is
produced from a dam? Then it's not different because both groups use
running water to power things. Is that OK? I'm confused. Also, what if
the topography of the area doesn't even allow for water to run down hill
thereby eliminating that power source?

I think I have it. To run the refrigerators and such off of electricity
generated by their own water power in a topographically challenged area,
they use a pump to get the water from the lower holding pond to the upper
holding pond so it can continue to run over the wheel (that's recycling,
folks) powered by a generator which is run off of squeezins from organically
grown corn from the still out back.

Before anyone gets in a tizzy, it *is* meant to be humorous.