Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default AIR LINES

Nova wrote:
A few years back I stopped into an Amish woodworking shop In East Otto,
NY and was surprised to see a brand new Unisaw in the shop. The owner
must have read my face because the first thing he said is, "It's allowed
as long as it isn't powered off the grid".

He was running it off a generator tied to a Chevy V8.

It reminds me of my grandfather when one day we went to a store he had sworn
he'd never use again: "Anger is one thing but business is business."

Sounds like the Amish are reaching a bit to justify what everybody else has
already accepted: that we upgrade our circumstances as required. If the Amish
were really as old fashioned as the stereotype would suggest, they'd walk
instead of riding in one of those newfangled horse drawn carriages.

Practicality usually wins out.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com