Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default low voltage lighting

On 4 Mar 2007 02:37:10 -0800, wrote:

On 4 Mar, 10:04, Andy Hall wrote:
On 4 Mar 2007 00:36:37 -0800, wrote:

Hi,

I got a buzzing problem with my low voltage ceiling light.
It runs off a brand new volex low voltage dimmer switch but there's an
annoying buzzing noise coming from the transformer. If the light is
dimmed the noise gets much louder, but even on full power it's really
irritating.
Is there any way to fix this?

thanks

Replace the transformer with one that is suitable for dimming
operation. This can also include suitable electronic transformers
which will then operate silently.

--

.andy

Thanks Andy, but the transformer is built into the housing of the
light so I can't replace it. Will have to remove the dimmer I guess..

Ah...

Not a dimmable fitting?

--

..andy