Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Arfa Dialy = Scum of the Planet

"Arfa Daily Scum of the Planet MORON "

** Asinine fools like Daily make me wanna puke.

That tranny will work just fine. The only thing that I would say is that
power transformers in domestic equipment are usually what's known as a
"designated safety component".

** In Class 2 equipment only - you PITA pommy panic merchant.

This means that they formed part of the original design approval which
declared the unit physically safe

** In Class 2 equipment only - you PITA pommy panic merchant.

- it won't set fire to your house in the event of it failing

** What does this paranoid know nothing ****ing ASS imagine the damn AC
fuse is for .....

If you do substitute a non-Yamaha transformer for the original, this would
almost certainly compromise the original safety approvals for the
equipment,

** Only in Class 2 equipment - you PITA panic merchant.

Then only if the replacement is not a Class 2 compliant device.

Both the suggested subs ARE !!!!
--------------------------------------

and if there were any unforseen unfortunate consequences down the line,
Yamaha would have no liability at all.

** Yamaha supplied the POS that ****ing failed - you dumb as dog ****
pommy ****.

Almost certainly, replacing this tranny with a substitute, will cause no
problems at all, but I think that you should be aware of exactly what you
are doing for your own peace of mind.

** Whaaaaaaaattt ??

This anonymous pommy **** is not balming anyone's piece of mind.

Cos the paranoid **** is damn well out of his !!!

For what its worth, as a professional repairer with a legal duty of care
to the public,

** Shame YOU have NO ****ing idea what professionalism is all about.

Else you would not be posting such ** ****e ** under a stupid pseudonym.

I would never substitute a transformer that is going to run 24 hours a
day, as a standby tranny is, nor would I recommend others to do so.

** That would be entirely because you are an autistic, knee trembling, know
nothing, ****ing pile of pommy puke.

Well, at least that is so on your good days ...

At the very least, I would try to check, through the suppliers or even
directly with the manufacturers, that any tranny you intend to use is
rated for continuous operation.

** LOL

Does so this anonymous PITA paranoid pommy **** have proof there are any
that are NOT so rated ??

Won't hold my breath !!!

I would also contact a Yamaha spares agent to check the price and
availability of a genuine replacement, after you have proven that all is
well by checking with your substitute in place. Not trying to put you off
or anything, just advice

** Pile of ASD ****ed, human garbage like " Arfur Daily" are regularly
taken out to a dark spot at night and kicked to death here in Australia

The decent blokes who do it deserve a medal.