Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default Musing about the effects if any, of how we price average work.

william kossack wrote:
where are you guys selling?

here in colorado very few turner can get much for their work. I've sold
only a few things and those are to people I know. I initially set a
price of $15/hr that it took to make something and then lower the price
from there. Even then with some items in shops nothing sells even at a
significant mark down.

When I talk to my brother in Georgia he comments on how much better the
quality of my stuff that I've given away is compared to the turnings he
sees at fairs that sell for 100's (and people snap them up for that
price). Here at major art fairs I've seen very nice stuff for sale but
nobody buying.

Location, location, location. Add a web site to the mix and sell
internationally?

Bill

is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000721-1, 03/03/2007
Tested on: 3/3/2007 3:50:40 PM