Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning,sci.engr.joining.welding
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default Selecting Machines For A Home Shop

Brian Henderson wrote:

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 01:57:09 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Brian Henderson wrote:
Then I'm not typical because the overwhelming majority of my buys
have been brand new. Then again, just about every serious
woodworker I know also bought primarily new. The cost of a pretty
decent shop is going to be in the neighborhood of $10K, if you can
find a house for that much, buy it.

Does that include the forklift?

I have yet to ever find myself needing a forklift of any size and only
once or twice thought a pallet jack might be sort of useful. Where
are you going to park the forklift when you're not using it anyhow?
Isn't that just wasted space that you could have more tools or
storage?

That's what I was wondering. :^)