Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning,sci.engr.joining.welding
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Selecting Machines For A Home Shop

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 07:40:10 -0800, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

The only metal working tool in my wood shop is the welder (power
issues). But then the chain-saws are in the barn, along with the forge,
anvil, grinders etc (the forge and anvil were my great-grandfathers and
over 100 years old)

I actually have a couple that get used infrequently, mostly because I
might want to make some custom fitting for a wood project. Otherwise,
metal working tools just don't get much use.