Jeff Wisnia

Default Water heater dip tube replacement

Don wrote:
i have a 50 gallon a0 smith tank that I think has a dip tube problem.
I have read somewhere about replacing the dip tube with 3/4 inch
copper pipe. Is this hard to do and how does the pipe attach to the
top of the tank?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

( By the way I missed that lawsuit so I cant get any help from that.)
I think my tank was manufactured in 96 or 97.)

If you're short on overhead space and don't want to have to drain and
tip the tanl over (or punch a hole through the ceiling G) there are
multi-section dip tubes available for replacement use. check with a
plumbing supply house.

Good Luck,

Jeff
--