Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Trying to match small AC transformer - 240V primary 12.8V secondary

"Arfa Daily"

In my professional repair life,

** ROTFLMAO !!

What "professional life "' ?????????????

I replace trannies in hifi units all the time, that have primaries that
have gone open for no apparent reason.

** Well, there is always a simple reason for such events.

But nothing is "apparent " to a congenitally BRAIN DEAD **** !!.

Yes, sometimes there is a thermal fuse in the primary, and yes, sometimes
it's connected across a couple of external pins so can be temporarily
bridged for test purposes, but I find it rare to then come across a fault
downstream, that has caused a genuine overheat that has led to the
failure.

Might jus be becos the PROBLEM is UPSTREAM !!'

In the hands of the pommy IDIOT who owned and abused the stinking slope
head built POS.

.... Phil Allison