Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning,sci.engr.joining.welding
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Selecting Machines For A Home Shop

In article ,
steamer wrote:

--FWIW I suggest you consider what *not* to get and steer away from
the turkey brands; i.e. Rockwell good, Sears bad, etc. Also getcher self a
copy of a massive tome called "Machine Tool Reconditioning" which includes
survey forms that you copy and take with you when you go to look at used
machine tools: very handy that one...

It all depends... I don't own much Sears (any more). I think just the
1/2-inch industrial drill. But I built the house with Sears, of course a
good number of the tools didn't survive much longer after the house was
built. Then, as I could afford it, I replaced them with better tools.
But I couldn't have afforded good tools when building the house, and
built the house.

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv