Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Gunner Gunner is offline

Default Brought Powermatic 1150 drill press home

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:15:27 -0600, Ignoramus12968
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 05:06:12 GMT, Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ignoramus16069" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Powermatic-1150-Drill-Press/

A strong gentleman who was picking up his own stuff that he won in
that auction, helped me load it into my pickup.

snip

Might you concider a VFD? If I fall into one, I'd do my new DP.

Tom, I do not know. It would be nice for a few reasons, like tapping
and reversal. Electrically, it is a hassle due to having to redo my
basement electrical wiring a lot.

For you folks wanting to tap in a drill press..might I suggest yall
start scrounging for a Procunier/Tapmatic/etc etc tapping unit.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"
- James Burnham