Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Rob is offline

Default When dishwashers go bad

aboleth wrote:
My dishwasher has of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all it's,
um, dishwasherlines. Especially on the top shelf, things are coming
out speckled with lots of tiny particles of dried on grot. I'm
thinking some part of the grot-filtering must be amiss, and perhaps
the top shelf pipe dips deeper in the the grot-sump than the bottom
shelf pipe.But the bit at the bottom where the water goes is all
screwed together with torx screws and looks a bit scary. Does anyone
have any suggestions? I don't want a flood or a broken dishwasher.

Cheers

John

Mine did this for a while. A few cycles of super hot seems to have cured
it - which suggests it might have been something soluble blocked in the
sprayer arm things, which I didn't check as well as I might.

Rob