Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Matthew Kirkcaldie Matthew Kirkcaldie is offline

Default Trying to match small AC transformer - 240V primary 12.8V secondary

In article ,
Jim Land wrote:

Matthew Kirkcaldie wrote in
:

Having found an open primary in the small transformer ....

That's strange. Transformer primaries don't open very often. I would be
inclined to dig deeper to find out why there's an open circuit (internal
fuse open? Bad connection? Melted wire?) and whether there is any fault
downstream of the transformer (shorted component?).

Don't know the reason, but I have removed it from the board and there is
infinite resistance across the primary terminals and no visible damage
to the transformer or the board it's on. Fuse is intact. The unit
would be about 5-6 years old I reckon.