Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning,sci.engr.joining.welding
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default Selecting Machines For A Home Shop

Brian Henderson wrote:

On 2 Mar 2007 12:37:49 -0800, wrote:

In my experience, the "typical" hobbyist buys almost nothing brand
new. If YOU are NOT typical and plan on buying new stuff, the list you
have will cost you more than the house you're putting all that stuff
in.

Then I'm not typical because the overwhelming majority of my buys have
been brand new. Then again, just about every serious woodworker I
know also bought primarily new. The cost of a pretty decent shop is
going to be in the neighborhood of $10K, if you can find a house for
that much, buy it.

Does that include the forklift?