Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Can I Remove the InLine Dimmer Switch in a Floor Lamp?

You could do that or just leave or tape the dimmer in the full "on" position

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a floor lamp that has an inline dimmer switch. I would like to
replace the incandescent light blub with a compact fluorescent blub in
order to save electric power (and for another reason). The problem is
that I can only find dimmerable compact fluorescent blub up to the
equivalent of 75-walt incandescent light blubm, and that is too low
for the area that I want to illuminate. On the other hand, the high
power version of compact fluorescent blub that I want is not
dimmerable. I think the best solution is to get rid of the inline
dimmer-switch of the floor lamp and make it non-dimmerable (I never
want to dim the light in that area anyway). Can I simply cut out the
inline dimmer switch and reconnect the power wires together?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan