Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning,sci.engr.joining.welding
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Selecting Machines For A Home Shop

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Say you want to setup a home shop for both metal and wood
working....what older American or European machines would you choose
to populate the shop with? In a home shop environment, the size of the
work envelope can vary greatly with the work done so a number of
different candidates exist for the same function performed.

Never happen with my 1 bay garage. Woodworking
power tools consist of circ saw, small table
saw, router and sabre saw. And they get hauled
out on the driveway when I use them. I can't
imagine using both woodworking and metal tools
in the same room given the problems with sawdust
everywhere.